Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Rest of Our Weekend!

We had so much going on this past weekend that I have to share but the arrival of Emilie kind of put all the "reporting" on the back burner! And right now, I really should be working on my master's assignment but....here I am doing this instead!!

Saturday afternoon we drove to Everett to celebrate Dave's sisters 30th birthday. We had so much fun! It was so nice outside that the kids played outside well into the evening. We enjoyed some delicious barbecue ribs and it really felt like it should be summer!





Here are Drew and Taylor enjoying birthday cake and ice cream!



Also pictured is our nephew Luke! What a cutie!!


After the birthday celebration Dave and the girls drove back to Olympia and I drove to my mom's house to get ready for the arrival of Emilie. Little did we know that we would have to wait two more days! My mom and I got up at the crack of dawn (literally- 5 a.m.) to go work at the annual Beat the Bridge event in Seattle that supports Juvenile Diabetes. Nordstrom's is host to this wonderful event and my cousin Katie is the Children's Clothing Department Manager at the Alderwood Mall Branch (if you need cute kids clothing be sure to head her way!) and she needed a few extra hands so we offered to help. We ended up volunteering at the family 4 mile walk and it was truly amazing to see so many people out supporting such an important cause. We decided that we, as a family, would walk the event next year!

Once the event was over, my mom and I went to the outlet malls and did some shopping. Wow! It is so nice to shop without little ones hanging off of you! What a nice time we had just visiting with one another, shopping and eating lunch together. Thanks Mom!

We then headed to my sisters in Bothell to check in on her and ended up spending the rest of our day and evening with her. We played cards, watched t.v. and spent time laughing together. We headed home to get some sleep because we knew the next day would be a busy one!

I headed home late Monday night and went to work for a half day on Tuesday. I ended up going and picking up the girls from daycare and driving up to the hospital so that they could meet their new cousin. When we arrived at the hospital they were very quiet and you could tell that they were nervous about their surroundings. I don't think they liked seeing their Nana in a hospital bed! Neither one of them would hold the baby and Maddie wouldn't leave my mom's lap for anything- well, until my Grandma offered to get her some M& M's from the gift shop :) Taylor eventually touched Emilie but said she wanted to hold her when we got to Nana's house. Both the girls were very concerned with the umbilical cord! Maddie even ended up lifting up her own shirt to check out her belly button! In the car on the way back to my mom's house, Taylor grilled my mom about why Emilie had that and in the end she asked my mom this question: " Nama, do I have to have a baby when I grow up?" When my mom answered that she didn't, she said, "Okay, good" and promptly fell asleep! I leave you with a few pictures of the girls with Emilie (and of course one of just Emilie!). Sorry this is so long. I hope everyone is having a great week! H



No comments: