Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a quick hello...

Hi Everyone!

I don't have much but just wanted to say Hello from the Myers! We are enjoying a rare day off in the middle of the week tomorrow. Our first since school started so Dave and I are thrilled to be at home! I had a really great Veteran's Day assembly at my school today that I think all the kids enjoyed. Our school was even on the King 5 12 o'clock news (and I think the 5 0'clock as well). We have a very high amount of students with at least one parent serving in the military so they did a feature on our school. I didn't see it but I heard it was neat.

We are planning on taking the girls to Madagascar 2 tomorrow for a special treat. They don't know it yet so it will be fun to go and surprise them. Then, it's back to the grind! I am going Christmas shopping with some girlfriends all day Saturday at the Woodburn Outlets in Portland and I am really looking forward to it. Other than that, our week is relatively a calm one.

Dave's family came to visit this past weekend and we had such a great time hanging out with them. The cousins had a blast with one another and Taylor especially enjoyed it because she got to: "Have two people follow her around and do everything she says". Good Lord that girl cracks me up!

My grandpa goes in for a cat scan on Wednesday (he has been waiting this whole time for insurance approval) so we should hopefully know more by the end of this week in regards to what is going on with him. He and my grandma are in high spirits and are enjoying doing their regular every day activities.

I will leave you (which has now turned into a longer post...) with a few pictures of the girls who helped me make some snicker doodles tonight. We were using the mixer and Taylor was very interested in the numbers on the side of it. She really wanted to know what the number ten was like. You will see she soon discovered what happens when you turn a mixer on high speed after putting 2 1/2 cups of flour into the mixer! Boy did she make us all laugh! I felt bad because I think she got a bit embarrassed by the whole thing!



The mixer..hmm...what happens if I go to the #10?


Oh, right. Got it.


Maddie decided to come and "help" after the mixer fiasco!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments: