Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chelan

This is a very past due post which tells you that I have gone back to work and am barely able to keep my eyes open at night! So, I thought I would try to post this morning before I go and get the kids up and we head out for the day.

We headed over the mountains for a quick trip to Chelan after Christmas. We met up with most of the Myers clan and got to spend some good, quality time with Papa, Grandma Lynette, Uncle Matt, Aunt Amy, Drew and Luke. We spent lots of time eating, catching up on the latest gossip, swimming, sledding and our newly added sport...ice skating! Taylor and Maddie both really wanted to try and ice skate so we put them both in skates and they actually did pretty well. Maddie liked being scooted around on her skates by Dave and Taylor started out that way but ended up starting to get the idea after she had done it for awhile (is this where I should mention that awhile was something like 2 hours??). We have promised her that we will take her ice skating in Everett the next time we are visiting! We are taking volunteers for this :)

Thank you to Roger, Lynette, Amy and Matt for including us in this fun event!






Not the greatest picture of the girls but I thought it was so pretty outside!

Dave had his hands full!

Maddie getting the hang of ice skating!

Look at me!

Warming up after a day of play outside! Can you say trouble?

No comments: