Sunday, July 19, 2009

Northwest Trek!

In May, Dave and I bought a year's membership to Point Defiance Zoo and NW trek! We decided to take a day trip this week to NW Trek with the kids. Although it was quite warm, the kids, Dave and I had a great time! Pictured above you see Taylor and I making a butterfly necklace in the discovery center. We stopped here last and it was the perfect way to end the day. They had all kinds of different crafts for the kids to make and lots of interesting hands on exploring about different animals. It was impressive!

On the tram ride we saw lots of animals- we were mad that we didn't bring our bigger lens because our pictures would have been much better! I loved this marsh that we passed and if you look really hard you should be able to see a bison across from it getting a drink of water!


We saw lots of bison on our tram ride as well as carribou and moose (I'm getting old- I know we saw some other animals but can't recall them!) The bison were Maddie's favorite. She loved them because they "have a big bummy!"




We enjoyed a picnic lunch and during our break the girls discovered this very large rock. I love this picture because Taylor is wearing my sunglasses and Maddie is totally not cooperating!



One last view on the tram ride....it was really breath taking in person!


If you haven't been to NW Trek I would recommend going soon!





1 comment:

Jamie said...

The camera nerd in me is wondering what other lens you have? I'm looking for another lens for our upcoming trip and having trouble deciding which to get. =)