Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crescent Bar!

Woohoo!! Summer Vacation is here and with that a (tentative) promise to get our blog back up and running! Life is good here in the Myers house! Summer is in full swing and we started our vacation off with an 8 day stay over the mountains. We met my mom and eventually my sister and her kids at Crescent Bar.

We got the girls an electric snow cone maker....it was a nightly treat at C.B.!

Mid way through the trip, Dave and I drove to Spokane for the principals conference and then came back to Crescent Bar to pick up the kids. Spokane was interesting....being a teacher, hearing about cut backs and then seeing how money was, in my opinion, being wasted on lodging and food was a bit hard to swallow. However, it was a much needed mini vacation for Dave and I (and I'll take that vacation wherever I can get it- even in Spokane!) and we truly enjoyed ourselves- spending time by the pool, walking to town to see Hoop Fest being played, eating and enjoying beverages together!

Crescent Bar was it's usual wonderful little paradise! The girls had an absolute blast! Swimming, boating, playing with their cousin- lovin life in general! Until next time.... (I promise, it won't be another 4 months!)

We love that our kids LOVE to read! Taylor is really starting to be an actual reader which is so fun to watch! Maddie loves to look at the pictures and make up her own words and they both LOVE to be read to! Yea!

The four cousins! Taylor, Maddie, Paul and Emilie!

Both Taylor and Maddie are amazing with baby Paul!

No comments: