Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Make An Art Project With Mom Day!

This morning Maddie drew from the jar: "Make an art project with mom". When we were brainstorming ideas for the jar I knew the girls would love this one but honestly hadn't come up with any ideas yet for it- and of course it was pulled on day 2! I quickly ran upstairs and got onto the computer and have to say a big thank you to family fun! Hundreds of cute and easy projects! I found one that I knew I had all the materials for and then we were set to make painted candles! The girls both love doing art projects so they eagerly got started. They were able to make their own design with a sharpie, then I took a pencil and re-traced over the sharpie marks and then they used Q-tips to fill in where I had made the marks from the pencils. Not only did they have fun I now have a souvenior of something they made from the summer of 2010! I love those kinds of things to put around the house!

Step 1- make design with sharpie pen.

Step 2- Paint with Q-tips.

Step 3- Smile!

No comments: