Sunday, August 29, 2010

Walmart Camping!

Oh...I mean, The Pine Village KOA in Leavenworth, WA! My fault! We went on a spur of the moment camping trip this week with our friends the Koval's who we bought the motorhome with last year. The girls have been begging to go on an overnight trip with everyone and so we figured we better get on it as our days our dwindling very quickly until we are all back in school. I did some research on this location and based on the pictures from the internet we were all really excited about this place. Until we got there. Talk about false advertising. A pool that is heated to 81 degrees? nope. Campfire's at every lot? nope. (who doesn't have a campfire while camping??) Wagon rides? Really? Tie Dying? Really? I could go on and on. Let me tell you that the adults were very unhappy with these arrangements but the kids? oh, they had the best time ever. So in the end is my complaining about all this important? NO! But someone has to listen right? We ended up calling this the Walmart parking lot because we were so close to our neighbors that we could hear them go to the bathroom!

The rock was a favorite hang out! All the girls! Maddie (4), Kaylin (5), Taylor (6) and Macie (3)

Dave was trying to liven up our moods our first morning....Love this guy!

Hanging out by the Wenatchee River was very fun! The kids climbed rocks all afternoon!

A rare thing! A picture of the two of us!

Breakfast! Please note...this is not our motorhome that you see!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This made me laugh. My sister and Rob take the kids there all the time. Tom and I drove through there a few years ago to see what the fuss was about. I couldn't believe that they actually went back there. I couldn't get over how close each campsite was. Totally Walmart camping! :) That's a great picture of you and Dave. :)