Saturday, February 18, 2012

Celebration!

Over the last year, we certainly haven't been all smiles. It's been a tough road. Chemo. Hair Loss. Afraid. Death. Scared. Throwing up. Weakness. Uncertainty. Tired. BUT we are thankful that this time is behind my mom and we were certainly ALL SMILES last Friday when Connie threw my mom a cancer free party!
(We tried to convince her to go without her wig because she's BEAUTIFUL without it, but she just couldn't do it yet!)
It was an all girls party.....

We make quite the family. All unique in our own special way yet somehow fit together so perfectly.
I guess I should mention here that one special guy was invited to the party..... but he wasn't allowed inside the house. He was quite the bartender! Don't worry, we did feed him.

It was an all around nice evening. My mom's closet friends were in attendance and as I surveyed the room I was struck by the amount of love pouring from the room. Toasts were made.
And she made a special toast to everyone as well. Thanking us all for being her "ROCK" during this difficult time in her life.
Taylor and Kylee had fun looking through the basket of rocks my mom had made for each guest to take home.
My rock from my mom. (Thanks Pinterest for the idea!)
Her journey isn't over yet. Every 90 days she is in for blood work and her first few tests have come back looking absolutely fantastic! Cat Scans will occur every 6 months or so for awhile just to monitor everything. For now though we are all thankful. Relieved. Happy. Excited. Filled with Hope.
I love you mom!

No comments: