Friday, March 29, 2013

A (Busy) Week In Review

In usual Myers fashion, life has been down right hectic this week! We started off our weekend with our first bonfire of the season and an early Easter celebration with my mom and my grandpa.
The girls were insistent on building a fire....it was 20 degrees outside BUT the sun had come out earlier that day. I love that the sun reminded them of this. P.S. Please excuse these next few pictures as they are off my phone.

Maddie kept me warm (and the heater you can't see!).

Snuggles with Dad are always the best.

The girls entertained us as well....they made up some silly songs and sang them to us, did a little dancing. It was quite funny. One of those moments where Dave and I look at each other and secretly say to one another that "These are our girls. And they are great".

Lucy enjoyed her first bonfire as well.
 ******************************************************************************

We leave for Mexico tomorrow morning bright and early! I grew up in a house where Easter was a very big deal and being gone meant an early celebration wit my mom. It was even more special because she brought my grandpa with her! Grandpa has been through a lot since my Grandma passed away last October. He's been dealing with his own cancer and is finally through with Chemo and feeling a bit better. Seeing him here, with the girls, dying Easter eggs was truly special. A moment in time that I'll remember forever.
Taylor made this beauty at her ceramics class last week during conferences. It really is beautiful, a bit unbalanced, but is hanging from our dining room lights.

She also made this cutie and it was the perfect middle of the table decoration.

The girls have become insistent on name cards for anything special. I love it.

The girls, Dave, my mom, grandpa and I spent some time dying eggs.

Love this picture....happy girls and their great grandpa looking on.

You are never too old to drink and dye eggs!

A special treat for after dinner. Grandpa loves sweets so I think this hit the spot.

In love with this picture as well. Love beams through the screen on this one.

 
*******************************************************************************
Work has been very busy these days! This week was particularly busy with a field trip, conferences and a first grade assembly. I truly love my job and this week was a reminder of why....

I met with 27 parents in two days- all of who reminded me of the fact that I love teaching; I love watching these kids grow into wonderful little kids. It's all so worth it.


I had some hard conferences and some that we celebrated just how far their child has come and after they were done, I felt loved and ready for the last 60 days with their children.

I had to share this photo because I simply love it; proud kids (and teacher) ready to perform in front of a lot of students at an assembly!

 
And speaking of conferences- We had Taylor and Maddie's conferences last week and they were just down right wonderful! Taylor has been working really hard on her math and she was able to see just how hard her work has paid off. We were quite proud! And Maddie is doing wonderfully! Reading and Writing up a storm! Life is good!

************************************************************************************
And to top off our week, on the way home from swimming, Taylor fell asleep (something she NEVER does) in the car. We got her home and yep, fever and bad cold. We went into total panic mode as we had less than a week before we headed on vacation. 5 days later, 3 missed days of school and 2 doctor visits later we are left with a very well rested child who still has a bit of a cough but is ready to swim, hunt for shells on the beach and enjoy her first trip to Mexico. PHEW.....
 Maddie girl also visited the Dr. this week but for a different reason. She's been complaining that she is having a "puff" in her eye and then she can't see. With my families history of bad eyes, we got her in ASAP to have a visit with the eye doctor. She was a trooper (got her eyes dilated, puffs of air shot in her eyes) and was VERY disappointed to find out that she doesn't need glasses. Crazy kid. Relieved parents.
Yes, we are accepting comments for her beautiful outfit! :)

She was giving her mom some sass about getting her picture taken. It was a balmy 58 outside.....

She wasn't digging these glasses!



 
I am off to finish up last minute packing and to tidy up the house. Enjoy the beautiful weather headed our way and HAPPY EASTER!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good to see your Grandpa. He looks exactly as I remember him. :) Have a great time in Mexico!