Monday, March 18, 2013

Change of Season!

I'm so excited to see the early signs of spring; daffodils and tulips are poking through the ground, neighbors are out walking that we haven't seen all winter and it's light out until 8 o'clock! With these changes in the season, it seems our life has switched from a pretty laid back winter to a full blown, here we go, let's get it done spring! And it all made it's appearance last week! We survived, barely, with the time change (does anyone as they get older notice how HARD it is to get up on the Fridy after this has hapenned?! Ouch), fastpitch starting, a switch to longer gymnastics classes, swim lessons starting, night meetings, hosting bunko and a craft show. But here we are fresh off of a good weekend and feeling energized by our new week. Oh, and the fact that we leave for a slice of heaven in 12 days just might have us a bit more enthusiastic than usual! Our week.... in pictures. Enjoy! And Happy Spring!


Both the girls are taking swim lessons. Taylor is just fine tuning her skills and Maddie, who taught herself to swim this summer while on vacation is being re-taught the correct way :) They both adore their teachers and are having lots of fun!

 Maddie girl is gaining lots of confidence in her swimming skills! So proud of her!
 Taylor is finally learning the correct way to breath while swimming. She is loving the challenge. Couldn't be more proud of this girl!
 I'm sorry this picture is so grainy- darn phone. Taylor's first fastpitch practice was held under the shed at school- I'm sure it was the first of many. She liked her first night but that's all I got out of her. I'll be back with more updates on this for sure!

 


Sunday was Saint Patricks Day and all this tired mama could muster up was green waffles and milk.


I spent my Saturday and Sunday at a craft fair at our local fire station. My teaching partner and I have been making crafts for "fun" in our spare time the past 7 months or so. This was our first spring show (and only one, as Adrienne is expecting a baby boy at the end of June!) and we had a very successful weekend. We especially love this particular show as we donate 10% of our earnings to help childhood cancer research. Everyone in my family thinks I'm nuts for doing this but I can honestly say it's my stress reliever and I love making things! We are also venturing into the etsy world- we aren't sure how we will do but we thought we'd give it a shot! You can find our shop through this link- www.twocraftyteachers.etsy.com 

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: