Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little Girls and Their Daddy

 It's been a long time. Too long. My father in law is always so sweet in asking.."do you think you'll ever put anything on the blog again?" My hubby asks:"Why haven't you put anything on the blog?" I don't have any answers as to why it all stopped but I think it may have been because of this little thing called Instagram! I love it, it's easy and I can capture every moment I want with it. Of course, there is a BUT..... I can look at the memory I've captured but I can't remember specific feelings I had while capturing the picture or I can't remember vivid details of the event 3 months down the road. So, here I am. Back again. Challenging myself to document, capture, write about all our great things we are doing as a family and as individuals. Enough said.

********************************************************

It's ironic that my first post in almost a year would be about the same thing I posted on my very last post before I disappeared. It's amazing to see just how much the girls have grown up in the last year.

After a busy day of basketball, we raced home where everyone began their primping for the big father daughter dance. Within the hour, the girls had ditched uniforms for sweet dresses, a little  bit of makeup and some "fancier" than usual hair.

Taylor, 8
Maddie, 7






These girls. Love. One. Another. A. Lot.

New dancing shoes were mandatory.
 Enter this man. First, he stole my heart 14 years ago and he's managed to steal a few more since then. Our girls are extremely close to their daddy. In fact, they worship him from sun up to sun down. At first, I was jealous. Very jealous. But over time, I've learned that it's okay for Dave and I as parents to have different relationships with our kids. Theirs something about little girls and their daddy that I can't compete with. And I'm okay with that. In fact, I couldn't imagine it any other way. The three of us are incredibly lucky to have this man in our lives. He loves us unconditionally (even when we team up on him!), treats us with kindness and sweet surprises. Without him, we'd really not be the family we are today. Full of love, making memories and living life to the fullest.

Maddie and her daddy

Taylor and her daddy
As the night unfolded, I received texts from Dave about how much fun they were having. Dancing (the favorite song this year was the Macarana), meeting up with new friends they've made over the last few years through the high school, eating candy, doing more dancing and trying to win raffle baskets.

When I got home from a fun evening out with some girlfriends our little girls were sound asleep. Dresses hanging from a chair, dancing shoes retired for another year and a Daddy with a huge smile on his face from an evening spent with his sweet girls. I love the memories we are creating for our daughters.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Such a beautiful post filled with love. Your husband is a lucky man to be surrounded by such wonderful "girls".

Jamie said...

Glad you're back. :) Love the new look too. Cute font. :)