Monday, July 29, 2013

Crescent Bar and Chelan!

I always grew up going to Crescent Bar every summer with my family. When I say my family, I mean ALL of us; my mom, dad, sister, aunt, uncle and 3 cousins. And we all stayed in one tiny trailer together for weeks at a time. My favorite memories are from these summers and so I'm excited that Dave and I are slowly easing our way back into these favorite memories of mine. I see through Taylor and Maddie's faces and body language what my parents must have seen when I was their age; the excitement of staying up late, swimming for hours, hot sun beating on them, boat rides, board games and lots of people- all of them friends, connected by this one place.

The fourth of July is my absolute favorite time of the summer to be at C.B. and this year was no exception.




Its hard to describe how happy this place makes me feel. And I think it makes my family happy, too. These kids are doing what I did 25 (+) years ago- making friends they see summer after summer and bonding with their cousins and other family members.
 Being carefree with not a worry in the world.
 No hurrying....
 Just laughter, squeals of excitement and good old fashioned fun.
 *******************************************************************************
After fun times at Crescent Bar we packed up the motor home and drove to Chelan to be with Dave's Dad and family. What I love about my Myers family is this; we don't see each other as often as I'd like BUT when we do see one another we literally pick up as if we had just seen each other the night before at dinner. I love this. I also love that my girls and their cousins, Drew and Luke, pick up right where they left off as well. We had an amazing time with them!













No comments: