Sunday, April 20, 2008

Soccer!




Our little girl, is little no longer! Today, Taylor very excitedly put on shin guards (pink of course!), socks (those were pink too!) and soccer cleats to go to her very first soccer practice.



As you can see in this picture, she is quite proud of herself! Dave said that she came upstairs and announced: "Her comes the soccer girl!" It almost brought him to tears.



Taylor and I went up to the practice site and we sat in the car for a few minutes looking for the others to show up. After 5 minutes or so, I got this horrible feeling in my stomach because no one had shown up yet. Finally, one of the mom's who had coordinated the whole thing came to the school. Taylor and I got out and waited for her. As soon as she saw us she said :"Oh, my gosh, I haven't sent out the email about starting soccer yet. I am so sorry!" At this point, my heart sank and the look on Taylor's face was enough to make me almost start to cry. In the end, Taylor and I had a "practice" of our own~ she is quite good I should add! Needless to say, because this is a neighborhood team just getting together casually, I went straight home to check and find out when I could sign her up for the itty bitty soccer through the YMCA!



Here is Taylor enjoying her first soccer moments....











On a funny note...Maddie didn't want to go to the practice today because she refused to put on any clothes! I will leave you with this picture which pretty much sums up Miss Maddie Girl- Happy!


1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi, Heather
Thanks for the note ... Fun to see your blog started! It was certainly a learning experience as I started it and found fun things to add. I'll look forward to following along on yours and seeing what you do. Your girls are adorable and look like they are having lots of fun being kids =)
Take care!
Jen