Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Phew....What a busy, but fun weekend we had! On Saturday, the girls had two birthday parties to attend; one for Logan who turned 2 and one for Brooks, who turned 5. Logan's party was a lot of fun! They had a barbecue and the kids all played outside on the swing set for hours! They have a huge backyard so the kids took full advantage of that! Brooks-o's party (as Taylor likes to call him) was a fish themed party- they "fished" for apples, painted a wooden fish, played tag with blown up fish and ate a very adorable, home made fish cake! The kids left with their own fish- yes, they were real. Dave and I were not super excited about this- but the kids sure were! So....we now have 2 fish named Fancy Nancy and Cinderella.


After the parties, we were off to meet up with Dave's family for his sister, Mindy's college graduation. Mindy received her B.A. in Education with an endorsement in Special Education and Social Studies. We are really proud of her for going back to school! We got to the restaurant just as everyone was leaving- so Dave's dad, step mom and sister Amy came out to look at the almost done house (smile and deep breath Heather!) and to visit with the kids. They ended up leaving around 10. Needless to say the girls fell into bed and were very tired on Sunday!


Mother's Day we ended up hanging around the house for the simple fact that the girls were exhausted! I know that Mother's Day is supposed to be glamorous but yes, I still did laundry and I even made spaghetti dinner for everyone! (I volunteered because I do like to cook when I don't have to work all day!). The girls gave me some new summer jammies and some capri pants- my favorite! Taylor told me as I was unwrapping the gift that "Mom, these are your favorite kind of pants-not long ones, but the kind of short ones that you like". She knows me too well!


We are still waiting for baby Emilie to arrive. My sister goes into the doctor tomorrow for another check up. She is 2 days overdue right now....and not extremely happy about it :)


I think that is it for now- I will leave you with some pictures of the rest of our weekend. I hope your week is off to a great start!






Mommy (it's a good thing she got new jammies!), Taylor and Maddie

Grandma Lynette, Papa, Drew and Taylor






All the girls at Logans party~ The Gentrys, Kruses and Myers Girls!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Building your own house...how exciting and stressful, I'm sure! Would love to see pictures. =)