Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday!

Dave and I had the honor of standing up as Emilie's godparents at Darci and Paul's church this morning as Emilie was baptized. The pastor did an amazing job welcoming Emilie into God's family! We were truly honored to witness and be a part of such a wonderful moment of Emilie's life! After the service, we went to Paul's parents house and had an amazing brunch! Lots of good food, conversation and celebration took place!


On the drive home from Bothell, we stopped at Home Depot and picked out our vanity mirrors and toilet paper holders for the bathrooms. Who knew such a decision could be so stressful? We are finally able to start cleaning up the house now and that is exactly what I did! For everyone who knows me well, they know cleaning is not my favorite thing to do, but today it was SO rewarding! To be cleaning something that you have waited for, for almost 18 months is fantastic! The process however, is going to be very slow- I cleaned for 5 1/2 hours and only got the girls rooms, one small hallway and the girls bathroom done. I think I know where I will spending all my free time!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention a funny story about Taylor! She has been reminding Dave and I that now that she is four that she can be in a booster. She got it in her head yesterday that since we were driving to Everett that we should stop at Babies R Us and get her a new booster (this had been our to-do list anyways!). She waited patiently all day long and when we finally got to the store and she picked it out she told me: "This is the best day of my life!" She has shown anyone and everyone her new booster and is quite proud of the whole thing! Very cute!


One last thing...I promise! Maddie started potty training this week and it has been going very well! Our daycare provider (Miss Tammy!) should start a professional business on potty training! She has done an amazing job on both of the girls. Maddie is still having some occasional accidents but has been diaper free for 7 days now! I am loving life :) Yeah Maddie!

** By the way....Can you tell Maddie is our 2nd child? Poor girl! I just realized I didn't get a picture of her using the big girl potty! I know what I will be doing tonight....

Have a wonderful week everyone! Did I mention that I have only 9 more days of work??? Summer vacation here we come!

No comments: