Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on Life!

I am happy to type this post on our computer in our own house! The last ten days have been filled with unpacking, organizing and putting things away at the house. I am happy to report that all the boxes have been sorted through and the only thing we have left to organize and clean up is the garage! Our next project is to start decorating and hanging things on the walls! My mom visited (okay, really she worked her buns off!) for 7 days and helped clean and organize and entertain the kids. She was a huge help and there is no way I could have gotten as much done as I did without her. Thank you mom! We did manage to take a few breaks but not many. Taylor had to visit the dentist last Monday. This was her second visit and she did a lot better this time. She let the dental hygienist "sparkle" her teeth and floss them. When the dentist started to come in to the room, she told me that the last time he had come in she cried. She informed me that she wouldn't cry this time (phew!). She was pretty funny about the whole thing.

Taylor at the dentist!

We also went to the Lakefair parade on Saturday. It was a great way to spend our Saturday afternoon. The sun was shining and the girls were excited to be out of the house! Maddie and Taylor both ended up loving the parade. Maddie really enjoyed all the horses and she especially got a kick out of them when they would walk by and poop (I know, it's gross!) and we had the privilege of seeing one of them pee as well (even more gross!). She is still talking about it today! Taylor went into the parade really thinking her favorite would be the clowns. She did enjoy them, however her favorite ended up being the princesses of different cities!








We have also been very busy making sno-cones! My mom had gotten Maddie the old fashioned, well, at least from my childhood, Snoopy sno-cone maker for her birthday. My memory of the sno-cone maker was completely different then when I was a little girl! As a mom, that thing was NOT fun. You spin the handle a hundred times and out pops a little teeny tiny bit of ice! Ugh! I told my mom that the girls would really love an electric one for Christmas....


All is well here. We are feeling very blessed to have such a beautiful new home and to be healthy and so happy! I leave you with one final picture of the girls. They were so very excited to find their dress up clothes in their new toy room! I will post again soon with some pictures of the house. Love to all~ Heather

No comments: