Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Pet Parade

Saturday we attended the 79th annual Pet Parade downtown. This is one of my all time favorite parades because it is all about the kids! Each year, the parade has a different theme and it is up to the kids (and their parents of course!) to somehow incorporate the theme using any type of pet that they have. The pet can be real or stuffed :) This years theme was the Summer Olympics. Taylor and Maddie loved watching it this year and became very involved in running out and picking up candy that the kids were throwing. Thankfully Taylor thinks that Oscar would not enjoy being in the parade so we will get to enjoy watching the parade again next year instead of being in it! I hope everyone is off to a great start to their week. I will be back soon with pictures from the wedding we went to on Saturday night- If you can believe it, I actually forgot my camera but Jill has promised to send me some from her camera.

The Myers Girls, Gentry Girls, Kruse Girls, the Larson's, Chrissy, Jen and the random grandpa who stopped to talk and have a picture with us!

Maddie loved the little dog with his dumbell!

Taylor looking on as all the animals pass by her.

This float was made by a woman I work with and her granddaughter. This has become a tradition they do each year together.

No comments: