Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Zoo, First Overnighters and Parties!

Reality is setting in here at the Myers household! Dave has been back to work since July 31st and I have gone back as of Monday-ugh! It is so easy to forget how hard it is to keep everything going- laundry, dinner, lunches, a clean house- while you are working. I am pretty sure we will manage but it is going to take us some time to get back into that work routine! In the meantime we have been keeping busy doing last minute activities with family and friends. Last week Taylor, Maddie, my mom and myself went to the Woodland Park Zoo. We had a ton of fun and the weather was just perfect- not too hot and not raining! Taylor's favorite part of the trip were the flamingo's and the hippo's and surprisingly, Maddie's favorite were the snakes! Her mom could hardly look in the glass windows without cringing!








This was as close as I would get to taking a SNAKE picture! As you can see, it is behind a rock- which is why I took this picture :)






After the zoo, we drove to my sister's house to have an overnight visit with Emilie. Darci and Paul went camping for the day/evening so we got to watch her overnight for the first time! Emilie was an ANGEL, slept all night (hooray!) and kept us all entertained! She is so darn cute! The picture I took of our adventure sums up why I am thankful I only have two kids and not three!!


Here are all three of the girls- Taylor under the jungle gym, Maddie on the horse and Emilie in her vibrating chair!


The next day, we celebrated Paul's 30th birthday at their house. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and visiting. It was a hot day so of course, the girls had to strip down (I forgot their bathing suits!!) and run through the sprinkler. The highlight of the evening though was cracking the pinata that Paul got as a gift! The girls had a ton of fun with this. Taylor did all the hitting on the pinata and after Maddie got the idea of the whole thing was mainly the chaser and picker of candy off the ground! Needless to say both girls went home with a gallon size zip lock bag full of candy.



Finally, we ended our weekend with a baby shower for my cousin Katie. I didn't take any pictures (sorry Katie!) but we had lots of fun, great food and loved watching her open up boy clothes- something we haven't done in our family yet! Katie of course looks absolutely gorgeous and is just glowing with happiness!



Wishing everyone a safe and happy Labor Day! We are staying in town this year and Saturday Dave and I head up to go to the Cougar game at Qwest field with some of our friends. Then, cleaning, grocery shopping and getting ready for the first day of school!

No comments: