Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back To School

It is so easy to forget during the summer months all the things that go on throughout the school year! This past week has been a huge wake up call for me! Getting up early, packing the kids up for daycare, working and then coming home and doing the whole family thing! We had lots of adjustments we had to make last week- Taylor and Maddie started a new day care after going to the same day care for 2 years. Taylor did a great job of adjusting and is having lots of fun. Maddie has had a harder time. On the first day I drop the girls off she screamed and cried for me and had to literally leave while she was crying (broke my heart!), the second day, she only cried and on Friday she simply whimpered. I know she is having fun but everything is so new to her and it is going to take her some time to warm up to Miss Brenda. The picture I am posting is of the girls after their first day at the day care. Taylor insisted on me taking it with Miss Brenda's angel that she has in her yard. I have no idea why she wanted it but it cracked me up! I had an absolutely crazy week at work. Our first grade classes are completely on overload right now so I ended up having 29 kids in my class last week- 20 of which were boys. I have never had such a challenge as to having so many kids in my class but I was really proud of how well the kids did for it being their first time being in school all day long. We are opening up another first grade classroom sometime this week (hopefully this Wednesday) and then all of the teachers will have 22 students. I feel horrible about having to let 7 kids go on to another classroom but none of us can teach effectively with so many students in our classrooms. Dave is really enjoying working at the high school this year. He is so much happier when he gets home and seems to love working for his new principal.

We are headed for another busy week~ Taylor and Maddie start Ballet tomorrow and I wish I could be a little mouse for this as my mom is going to be watching them on Monday's and taking them to their classes! She has to participate in Maddie's class and I can't wait to hear the stories tomorrow evening! I have Bunko this week and Dave has open house at the high school and a community parade on Saturday. All is well though and we are all healthy and happy! Wishing everyone a great week!


Heather

1 comment:

Darci Desilet said...

That picture is AWESOME.You've got to love Taylor and her imagination! I hope you have less kids in your class now and life is getting less crazy... It certainly does take some adjustments!!! by the way, Emmie did roll over from her tummy to her back, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident! That's why I didn't broadcast it! I weighed her last night--15 lbs!! What a chub. We miss you all =) Nana