Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tumwater Falls

It has been such a beautiful weekend! We got up early today and decided that we needed to do something outside and so we headed to Tumwater Falls for a hike! The girls did really well and only started complaining about having to walk when we got to the final big hill. At Tumwater Falls they have a salmon hatchery and it was packed with salmon that are getting ready to lay their eggs. The girls loved watching them (they were huge) and got excited when they tried to "jump" out! The hike itself is relatively short (probably less than a mile) and the trail was so beautiful with the sun out in full force! After the hike we headed to the park that neighbor's the trail and spent some time sliding, hanging from the monkey bars and running around! It was the perfect way to end our weekend.







The girls weeks went so much more smoothly at daycare this past week. Taylor is fully embracing everything that is new at the daycare and seems to really be enjoying it. Miss Brenda is doing two days of preschool with the kids each week and Taylor LOVES doing school! Maddie had a rough drop off on Tuesday but the rest of the week she did really well with little to no crying. She has a new friend named Brooke who she really enjoys and the two of them seem to get along really well!



My mom survived her first day of watching the girls and they had a good time at Ballet. Maddie and my mom go together and my mom said that Maddie wouldn't put her shoes on for her class and any time the teacher praised her she would stop everything and become embarrassed! That girl! Taylor loved being back in Miss M.C.'s class and my mom said that she did a great job of following directions, listening and participating during her class time.



Dave and I are settling into our new school years; Dave had a busy week with open house and a football game. I am still carrying 30 kids in my classroom so I feel like I am trying to just survive at this point. By the end of the day I am so tired of asking 6 year olds to turn off their voices! I am looking forward to Tuesday( a tentative day for a new class to start) when I can actually teach!



Other than that, not much else is going on. Dave goes to Arizona on Friday to meet his friend-they are going to watch ASU play Georgia. This has become an annual trip for the two of them- they meet somewhere different each year for a football game. They always have a blast together! I think the girls and I are headed up to Everett to see family which will be nice. We haven't seen anyone since school started. Wishing everyone a happy and hopefully sunny week!

1 comment:

Darci Desilet said...

My girls are getting so BIG! That picture of Taylor by the falls breaks my heart... She looks like such a big girl.
I hope you can come up this weekend so we can hang out. Miss Emilie misses you all (and so do I!)
Nana