Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Art Class


At Taylor and Maddie's daycare they are able to do two days of preschool which is fantastic but Dave and I really wanted Taylor to be able to be exposed this year to as many different things as possible since she is not participating in an actual preschool. We are not concerned about her academically but want her to continue to work on her social skills this year. She can be very shy and not talk (shocking, I know!) when she is nervous or put on the spot. So, she has already begun ballet lessons and is very excited about her upcoming performance of the Nutcracker (she is really hoping to be a Mouse!) and just started taking an art class through the Lacey Parks and Rec. My friend Krista's daughter is also going to the class and she has graciously offered to pick up my girls from Daycare and drive them to the class. Taylor and Kaylin go to the art class while Macie and Maddie get to play at the playground. It was so sweet of her to offer to do this and Taylor is LOVING the class! I was able to go to the first class with her (I snuck out of a meeting early...) and I was impressed and PROUD of her! She was such a good listener and although a little shy, did a great job of interacting with the teacher as well as the other students in the class. I was really impressed with the teacher and her first lesson- horizontal and vertical lines- Wow! And that lines turn into shapes. I loved it and Taylor asks us every day when her next class is.


No comments: