Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Christmas Tree

Hi Everyone!
On Sunday morning Dave, myself, Taylor, Maddie, Grandma Kathy, Grandma Carolyn and Jerry all went to look for Christmas Tree's together. We always go to a tree farm right in our neck of the woods and cut it down ourselves. My mom and Carolyn found their trees instantly and it took me an hour (at least) to find a tree that made me happy! Dave was very patient I must say! Taylor walked all over with Dave and I to find the tree while Maddie hung back with her Grandma's!





Last night as soon as we got home from work the girls were ready to decorate the tree. They had gotten a note in their advent calendar that they would get to help with this today so they were extra excited about doing it!
This is the girls advent calendar...I was so excited to get it out of storage! I have had it for 3 years and this is only the 2nd time I have gotten to use it!
I only got one picture of Maddie hanging up an ornament because that is literally all she hung up on the tree! I love that my children are so different! She picked up an oranment didn't even think about where she might put it and was done...Now Taylor could have still been decorating the tree into the wee hours of the night! It cracked me up! "Mom, where should I put this one? Does this look pretty right here?". It was too cute! And the good news is we only dropped and broke 3 oranments :) We had a few tears over the first one but after that it was all okay! The tree looks beautiful now that it is all done!

Oops!

The finished product!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Love that Advent calendar. Are those little boxes? Do you put special little things in them? Where did you find it? So many questions. =)

Unknown said...

My mom bought it for me a few Christmases ago from Pottery Barn- otherwise I never would have bought it! I hit up the target dollar bin and collected a few things here and there the last month to put into the boxes- this one is open and doesn't have any doors. I also have included some days where there isn't a gift but something we will do- zoo lights, walk to the marina, etc. The kids are loving it and they are jumping out of bed which is helpful in the mornings :)

Jamie said...

What a great idea. I love that you've included things to do. What a fun memory for your girls.