Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow!


My mom, Darci, Emilie, Cathy, myself and the girls have been planning to go to Seattle to sit on Santa's lap for a long time now (Darci and I took the day off from work!) and as I saw the weather reports begin to show snow and ice I decided to drive to Everett on Saturday instead of Sunday as planned. I was glad I did. It snowed about 4 inches in the night and the girls got to wake up to a winter wonderland! Once they got outside and realized how cold it was and that the snow wasn't sticking together to make a snowman they lost interest pretty quickly. Our day ended up being rather long...lots of inside time (okay, maybe it was just long for my mom and I!). We did walk to my grandparents house and back and stopped by Connie and Richards for a while so that broke up the day a bit. The girls also made snow ice cream with my mom and they both enjoyed that quite a bit! We are hoping for more snow this week (alright...Dave and I are hoping for snow so we can have an early start to winter break!) so we can play outside at our own house and take a walk to the marina! Stay warm everyone!

No comments: