Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taylor and her gift for Maddie...

Dave and I decided that this year Taylor and Maddie should give each other a gift from one another just so that they can begin to appreciate that it is nice to buy gifts for others and not just to receive them. Maddie bought Taylor a unicorn that she has really been wanting and it was an easy choice for her (I think she is still a little young to grasp the whole idea!). Taylor and I headed out on Wednesday to find the "perfect" gift for Maddie. 2 hours later...yes, I said 2 hours! we finally found it! I have never been so proud (okay and a little irritated!) of Taylor and the way she insisted on finding the perfect gift for her sister. She wanted to start out at Fred Meyer and she really wanted to get her a shirt. I told her that she had to stay within her $20 budget so she proceeded to find the "sale" rack. It cracked me up! She managed to find the take an additional 40% off rack by herself and found a cute butterfly shirt for her. We then had to go to Target because she was looking for a dog with a bottle. She ended up finding her a horse that came with a purse and inside the purse there is an apple, a brush, etc. She was very happy with her choice! I really thought I might pull my hair out because she took FoReVer but in the end she was doing exactly what I wanted her to do- to be excited to give to others. After we paid at Target she said: "Mom, how about if we go to Taco Bell and eat and have a nice chat and visit". Too, cute!! So, we ended our time with a visit to the Bell! (a girl after my own heart!). The night was still not over of course because when we got home and Maddie had gone to bed she wanted to wrap her gift. Again, my hair almost came out- Taylor wouldn't let me do anything to help her. I took a picture of what it looks like because it is priceless! Enjoy!

No comments: