Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let the Halloween Fun Begin!

Wow! A busy, yet extremely fun weekend! Here's how it went: Taylor didn't have school on Friday and Dave and I had already taken the day off from work because Maddie girl had to have her 4 back teeth filled due to sugar bugs (Yes, we do brush her teeth- the poor girl has no enamel on her teeth.) so Maddie, Dave and I spent the day at the dentist ; everything went GREAT and Mads was back to her normal self by about 7 o'clock that night. Taylor spent the day at a swimming party- a boy swimming party. She and two other girls were invited...I asked her if she was going to wear her bikini and I got this: "MOM, NO! Rylan is going to be there". Quite cute! Our Saturday was even more packed- the girls were invited to a neighborhood Halloween party, Cougar Football was on and I went to Portland for a Stampin Up convention. The girls had a blast playing games, eating candy and dressing up. Dave didn't seem to upset by the Coug loss (it was only 10 points!) and I had an amazing time in Portland! I got to spend 8 hours doing something that is fun and relaxing- make cards, scrapbook pages and visit! It was inspiring to be with people who enjoy being creative and I actually learned some fun new techniques and also got to learn about some business type things as well. (By the way, check out my new blog- a stamping blog! tandmcards.blogspot.com

Fancy Nancy and Maddie the Witch!
Now here I sit, Maddie is asleep, Taylor is being ready to and I'm exhausted! Why you might ask? Oh, lets see...we carved pumpkins, made sugar cookies, did homework, laundry and went to another Halloween party! It was a day full of fun and when we asked Maddie what her favorite part of her day was she said: "All of it!" That makes me happy! Even though I still have laundry to fold, lunches to pack and the house is a mess that simple statement makes it all good!
Yummy!
This is the first year that both the girls would touch the inside of the pumpkins!
Dave and I both agreed that this was the smoothest, fastest year we've had for carving pumpkins...We didn't do all the work :)
The finished product!
All the kids at the party!
I love this picture! These 4 girls are such great friends! Love them all!
It's a scarecrow!
and a cat!
I love this picture! Maddie got red paint all over her costume so here she is in Maddie fashion...capri's, a favorite sweatshirt and her flip flops!

No comments: