Monday, November 29, 2010

And so it begins....

I'm determined this holiday season to enjoy every moment that I can from the decorating, to the I WANT THAT, to the pure joy of watching the girls get excited over their stockings- I'm doing it and planning on being in the moment as much as possible. In the past few years it seems like everything has been so crazy and hectic- travelling here, running over there, doing this and doing that. I'm determined to still do as much of it as we can but I'm planning on really doing it- make sense? With that said, I heard that in Olympia they have a Christmas tree lighting ceremony and parade to kick off the holiday season. My mom and I bundled up the girls and headed out to watch the parade. It was dorky, simple, but fun! With hot chocolates for the girls and my mom and I's favorite holiday coffee drinks in hand we clapped and cheered as Santa and Mrs. Clause came by and even got to see some former students which is always fun. After the parade we decided to venture into a few shops. I always forget how great the shops are in downtown Olympia! We sauntered from store to store and eventually ended up at the toy store where the kids played until we begged them to go back to the car. I got in the car and felt happy and relaxed and like we really had fun...I think were off to a good start to our busy holiday season!

I didn't take very many pictures but this one stood out. So protective of one another. I love it.

And keeping with my motto of the season, when Taylor asked me tonight if she could paint by number her new polar bear Christmas picture I replied with an enthusiastic Yes! (Even though under my breath, I was cursing my mother who bought them for the girls!)


No comments: