Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Days!


As most of you know, I LOVE the snow! So, as Monday came to a close and it was a winter wonderland at our house I secretly went to bed hoping for at least a 2 hour delay for school the next day. And now, here I sit two days later with snow still on the ground...and I haven't been to work in two days! Lovin it!

The roads were extremely bad yesterday- so bad that even Dave got to stay home with us (administrators are expected to still be at work no matter the weather conditions- don't get me started on my thoughts about this!). We had a fantastic day of doing just about nothing (my favorite!). The kids had a great time sledding- so much fun in fact that they pretty much stayed outside from 10 a.m. until 7 at night with only a few pit stops for lunch, hot chocolate and cookies! One thing that I love about our neighborhood is that when snow comes, everyone is around- literally! By the end of the night we had lots of the neighbors over and about 15 kids out back sledding. Love, love, love days like yesterday! Dave and I managed to play some crib, read and play in the snow with the girls.

I've told myself today that I will do at least one load of laundry, pick up the house a bit and possibly put the Thanksgiving stuff away but so far I've been on the computer (kids are already outside!), talked on the phone and read a few pages in my book. Have I mentioned yet, that I love snow days?? :) Okay, I leave you with pictures of our day yesterday! Enjoy!

The ultimate sledding girl! The faster, the better!


The girls did a lot of snow eating...ICK!

We ended the sledding marathon with our good friends- the Glocks and the Meconi's!
From left to right...Mason, Addy, Mateo, Ellie, Taylor and Maddie


I was lucky enough to go down a very steep hill of ice with Maddie- can't even begin to tell you how sore I am today...SaD! And, I'm on the look out for a cute girly hat like the one I'm wearing...this is my first winter season with glasses- stocking caps don't work with those darn things! Let me know if you find any cute one's like the one I'm wearing (which is Dave's!).

We had two very happy, tuckered out kids last night! Let it snow! (some more!)

No comments: