Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Visiting.....

We have been doing a lot of visiting lately....up and down the I-5 corridor; to Everett and Bothell to be with my mom and my sister. On our last visit the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky so we did a little bit of visiting at Forest Park. All I can say is I made a mental note to NOT go to Forest Park on the first sunny day that Washington has seen in a really long time! Yikes! Despite having to park in a bottom lot and walking up a huge grassy hill, fighting to get a bare piece of grass to put our blanket down and elbowing to get in line for the swings we all had a very fun time!








There was swinging...there is something about swinging in your bathing suit that makes it just that much better. I'm really trying (unsuccessfully, I feel like) to take different types of pictures with my camera. I'm getting the itch to take a photography class. Anyone have any suggestions of where I might be able to do that at?





I had to laugh at this picture. When I downloaded these I found some that I had taken last year at Forest Park. Maddie was in this same area of the park and in the SAME suit. It's still her favorite- it's going on 3 summers now!




Taylor's new obsession are the monkey bars! Anytime we go to a park (or she's at recess!) she sticks to the monkey bars like glue! She is getting very good at them, too! She has also recently developed some very nice calluses on her palms!



A trip to the park with cousins is always a must! I love this picture because Emilie is looking at Taylor in her usual admiring way!



And as for my mom. She is doing well. She is in amazing spirits! She has recovered nicely from her hysterectomy and is gearing up for getting her port put in (on Thursday) and starting her first round of Chemo on Monday. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and loving during this time. Your prayers, kind words and notes are much appreciated!

No comments: