Thursday, July 7, 2011

Annual 3rd of July Party!

The next time I'm asked what my favorite holiday is I'll be answering with the 3rd of July! There is something about waking up on this day that fills me with joy and an excitement that almost feels like Christmas as a kid. I can't explain it exactly, but I do know that it's my favorite day of the year in the Harbor!
This year, the neighborhood thought it would be fun to begin a new tradition- with a bike parade.
I'm not going to lie here....I KNOW I had way more fun decorating the bikes then the girls did. In fact, they were off slip-n-sliding within 5 minutes of starting this activity. They did have a blast going to the dollar store to pick out all the items that they wanted to put on their bikes though! And just for the record....Martha Stewart even has ideas on how to decorate your bike on the 4th of July!
Taylor is ready to head to the bike parade!
Here's Maddie! In Maddie like fashion, she refused to wear the cute red skirt and matching 4th of July shirt I had bought her to wear to the festivities....but on the plus side, she did get her hair done!
I love these new pictures of the girls with their daddy-boy! We were killing time before the party began!
Maddie and Daddy!
Taylor took this picture of Dave and I- not bad if you ask me! I'm not sure what I was doing with my shoulder....

The party was a success! So much fun with our friends! These 3 are super close! They spent the evening together running every which way! Macie, Maddie and Abigail
And these 2 were glued to the hip from the minute Molly arrived!
My friends! So thankful that they are in my life! L-R- Jen G., me, Jen L., Chrissy, Krista and Lorraine.

The girls waiting for the fireworks to start!
Still waiting!
Mindy and I!
They felt the need to do a bit of wrestling while they waited for the fireworks.....
Love this picture! Maddie, Krista and Macie!

No comments: