Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rain, rain go away!

While cleaning out the pantry the other day (one of my "jobs" on my to-do list for the summer) I discovered two gift certificates that the girls had gotten at Christmas to go to the Painted Plate. The weather has been so off this summer that I told the girls that I was going to take them that day. They were very excited about it until this arrived.....
Who can compete with a new BBQ that has to be put together?

Especially when it arrives in this?
So, the girls spent their afternoon playing in the box and requesting to be taped inside. And what mom is going to say no to that??

It always amazes me how easily entertained they can be!
So, we waited to go to the Painted Plate until the next day when we awoke to pouring down rain.

Both the girls chose to paint these Chihuahua's.....
Prepping before painting.
I told Dave that they actually spent time deciding how to paint their dogs this time instead of slapping on paint and calling it good.
And while I visited with the girls and watched them paint I got to enjoy this yummy drink! Life is good!

No comments: