Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy, Taylor and Maddie's Fun Day Together

This morning the girls and I were finishing up a yummy breakfast of homemade waffles (one of Dave's specialities) when Dave surprised us with a gift card to my favorite pedicure store! I have been desperate to have one since we have moved in- my feet are not used to the hardwoods yet and with all the unpacking they were pretty beat up. So, with a big hug and kiss to our favorite guy, the three of us headed out to get our toes done. Taylor has had her toe nails painted a few different times for special occassions but Maddie had never been before. Taylor knew exactly what color (purple of course!) she wanted and Maddie quickly followed suit choosing an extremely bright pink for her toes! As I was sinking my feet into the warm water, Maddie started to cry because I think she thought she was going to have to stick her feet in as well. So, I got a majority of my pedicure with her sitting on my lap! She finally relaxed towards the end of it and ended up sitting in the chair next to me with her big sister Taylor. We had a very fun time and the girls were very proud of their toes (and hands for Taylor!). We ended our outing with a trip to Old MacDonalds for lunch- Yum! It was a great way to start our week out that's for sure! Our week seems to already be filled up- we are making raspberry jam with some of our friends tomorrow and then on Thursday morning we are heading over the mountains to spend the week at Crescent Bar with Grandma Kathy! Wishing everyone a happy week! ~Heather~



Taylor loving life!

Taylor getting her feet worked on while Maddie is checking the whole thing out!

Taylor and Maddie enjoying their day out with Mommy!

The final product...you can't see Maddie's very bright pink!

No comments: