Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Cookies

I have to say that I am starting to enjoy making sugar cookies just a teeny, tiny, little bit! Way more then I ever did as a child! The girls and I had a lot of fun rolling out the dough and using all the different Christmas cookie cutters as well. Taylor was very insistent on using the angel cookie cutter for most of her cookies and Maddie used the star quite a bit so we ended up frosting many stars and angels! The next day, the girls had two of their dear little friends over (Kaylin and Macie) to help decorate the cookies. I thoroughly enjoy watching Taylor and Maddie interact with Kaylin and Macie because they are such good friends and so sweet to one another. Kaylin and Taylor frosted until the very last cookie was gone off the platter and Maddie actually frosted 6 or 7 cookies (the most she has ever done!). Macie (as you will see in the picture) didn't frost any cookies but really enjoyed eating them! Taylor and Maddie are lucky to have such great friends in their lives and I sure do enjoy spending time with their mom, Krista!






If I remember correctly...last year the girls were also wearing only their underwear to make Christmas cookies- go figure! And I am not taking any comments from my family about my apron :) I was trying to have a good attitude!!




The girls decorating cookies with their friends! Maddie, Taylor, Kaylin and Macie

Such good friends! Taylor, Maddie and Kaylin

No comments: