Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Weekend

Hey Everybody!

My sister and Emilie came to visit us this weekend! What a special treat! I hadn't seen Emilie in such a long time (and you could tell- she wanted nothing to do with me for quite some time!). She is so cute with her curly hair and her little bow! She is quite the talker and even says Tay for Taylor! On Saturday we were blessed with some sun breaks and headed to the marina for some sand time and a treat from the store as well as a visit from the local seal, Bark Bark. We had a yummy dinner together and the girls were all tired so we had a nice evening to enjoy to ourselves. We ended up convincing Dave to watch the movie Twilight with us since we had all read the book. He managed to keep us entertained throughout as the movie in many spots was quite hokey! Sunday morning we loaded all the girls into strollers and did the 3 mile loop walk (yes, I am still breathing hard!) and then it was already time for them to head back home. I am so lucky to have such a great sister!


As Darci said, we have a hundred of these pictures but I just can't resist them...they are so cute!

This afternoon the girls thought it would be fun to walk to Burfoot park and play and so we did that for quite awhile. It was COLD and WINDY but it didn't seem to bother either one of them. I had to laugh because on the way home it took us over 25 minutes to get to our house (usually it's about 5) because they had to stop and pick dandelions. We got home and they told me I couldn't come into the kitchen. When they were done, they came and got me and this is what they had done. It made me laugh! They were very serious about me keeping it as my centerpiece for the coffee table. As I looked around, I realized that Taylor had also made some other arrangements and put them in different windowsills- she used candle stick holders for these ones. So, our house is now filled with fresh flowers :)




They even put the towel around it for extra decoration!

I wanted to let everyone know that I received official word this week that I was hired for a first grade position at the new elementary school opening up in September. Although I am going to miss my many friends I have made over the years at Horizons I am so very excited to open a new school next year! Woohoo!

We also recieved word this past week that Dave's grandma (Roger's mom) passed away. She lived a very full and wonderful life and Dave has been telling me many wonderful stories of his younger years with his Grandma and all of his cousins. We will honor her memory in a graveside service with the rest of the family on Friday.

Well, I had better sign off here, I am supposed to be typing up my progress reports right now! Wishing everyone a great week!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That's great news. The new school is a lucky school to have you on staff. Yay!