Sunday, April 5, 2009

One Spring Break Over, One Just Beginning!

I am sitting here typing this update and am so thankful that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! My first day of spring break....woohoo!! Unfortunately, Dave's break is officially over. For the past few years Yelm schools and Thurston schools have never had the same break. It is nice for the girls because they get to be home with both of us and not go to daycare for 2 weeks but it would be much more fun if we had it all together! Dave was super daddy this week! He took the girls to the movies, out to lunch, played anything and everything they wanted to and managed to put together a swing set! It took him a week to put the swing set together but it was worth it once we saw the girls excitement over it being done. He didn't finish it until yesterday around 8:30 p.m. and we had to pry the kids off of it to come inside to go to bed. They spent the entire day today out in the back yard playing on the swing set and with the neighbor boys.


The finished product! As you can see, we have a little more work to do...wood chips and a border! But the girls are happy!




I am so excited that it is going to be sunny for a few days on my break. We don't have big plans to do anything but I am going to try and post a few pictures each day from our break. I think we are headed to the marina for lunch and some sand play with our friends tomorrow. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can only imagine the excitement over the swing set! Enjoy your spring break and the sunshine. Lucky you.

Jen said...

LOVE the swing set! I am bummed because we finally have a yard big enough for one and our kids are a tad too old for one now.
Enjoy your break in the sun ... We enjoyed ours mostly in the snow! =)