Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

The week leading up to Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite. I know, I know, it's supposed to be all about love and happiness but anyone who has kids can relate when I say that having to make and write your name 24 times is one big pain in the rear end! However, when it's all said and done and the day actually arrives there isn't anything better! Seeing my own kids come home excited to pour over the Valentine's they received from friends and eating as much candy as possible is truly priceless! And being able to witness 24 first graders open Valentine's (and actually be able to read them!) is also an amazing thing. The shouts begin instantly: "THANK YOU!", "THANK YOU!".

Here's what I was up against for a little over a week....Taylor made her own cards again this year and I was really touched by her thoughtfulness to each of her classmates.



This was the first year that Maddie got to exchange Valentine's with her friends at her pre-school and I had thought it would be hard for her to get them done but she knocked out her name, added a tattoo to each card in a little under 3 days!



I surprised Dave with a quick trip to the ocean over the Valentine weekend. It was spur of the moment and completely fun! We ate, read our books, went to the movies and simply hung out with one another. I'm so glad that I have such a great Valentine of my own!






No comments: