Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Faith

Having been raised in a church for most of my life, I naturally think of Faith in relation to God and to how having faith helps get you through tough times. Our families tough times just got a tad bit tougher this week as my mom got her results back from her mass that was removed. Unfortunately, the mass was indeed malignant and it know has an icky label; Ovarian Cancer. As I sat with my mom and listened to the doctor tell us about his recommendation for her (this would include 6 treatments of Chemo) I couldn't help to start thinking about that word faith. Yes, faith is definately associated with religion and how we as people have that undying faith in God and that he has a plan for all things but I couldn't help thinking that I not only had to continue my faith in God, but that I also needed to remember to have faith in the doctors that have been working with my mom and to trust that what they say is true and that things really will be okay, that faith needed to be had with my husband- in that he's here for me, that I can cry and scream with him AND that he'll pick up my mommy duties for me (packing lunches, getting clothes ready at night, helping write insect reports....) and that I need to have faith in my family- that we are all in this together and that by picking up the pieces for one another that we will all come out of this that much stronger.




I found this picture tonight and couldn't resist posting it. It's horrible of all of us but I laughed out loud when I saw it. I remember this day vividly- we were headed to Leavenworth for my mom's birthday weekend to snow shoe and cross country ski. It was an amazing weekend filled with lots of laughter and love. This picture also made me cry- it's been a long couple of weeks and through it all by my side, has been all of these amazing woman. For that, I'm thankful. For that, I have faith.







**I PROMISE to post something a bit more cheery (how does a girl who turned 7 and a tea party sound?) soon!



1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am so sorry to hear that news Heather. You will all continue to be in my prayers. Your mom is a strong woman and I know she will get through this because she has an amazing support group in your family. My love and prayers to you all. If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.